Confidence.
Confidence in my running, and knowing I won't be number one, but I'll still be proud every time I finish a workout or race.Confidence in my body, because it lets me run when I want.
Confidence in myself in order to make running the one thing that is always enjoyable and fun for me.
Mentality is a huge thing for running, and I've seen it in many runners, including myself, where the mental ability to do well breaks down, therefore your body responds in the same manner.
I do not want that to happen this track season.
My body will work hard along with my brain to stay on TRACK, (no pun intended).
Yesterday we ran 4x1 mile repeats with me averaging 7:03 miles. That is a fast time and a good start to the season, yet the whole time I was running, I was extremely frustrated with myself.
Increase the confidence, decrease the frustration.
No comments:
Post a Comment