Sunday, February 13, 2011

Coaches are Gold

This was the last week of "Winter" training. Can you call it winter when we've had such beautiful weather?!
We ended it with a 3-mile time trial.
Not everyone is perfect.
And to say the least, I was disappointed in myself.
Since then, I have come to peace with myself.
I have all of track season to get fast, and I am miles (no pun intended) better than last year.
Jason, my track coach is a wonderful person.
He called me up Friday night and we talked for a long time about Motivation, being disappointed and improving from there, and running running and more running.
I really enjoyed talking to him, because he is always so encouraging and truthful.
I value the coaches I've been able to work with . They are gold to me.
Jason also told me to think about my goals for the season.
My performance goal
and
my Achievement goal
Should I risk telling everyone and anyone?
The risk is worth it.
I want to break or tie a 6 minute mile.
Next blog will be the start of my Achievement goal.
I will continue to add to it until I get there...

No comments: