Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Sometimes you get excited.

The track season is nearing. Some say they've been waiting months for this season to arrive. I couldn't say I felt the same way. I missed Cross Country, and I wish it was year round, so I could keep running 5Ks! But I know that track will help me. Speed Speed Speed. Not a natural talented speeder, I have frustrations with doing speed work, although that seems counter-productive if you think about it. If it is not natural, all the more necessary speed work is!
My coach JASON is back! And I couldn't be happier. I know he will help me speed, because he is an expert.  A quote he once said, "It's not who can run the longest, it's who can run the fastest." Although, I'd like to say I could beat a fair amount of people in a 10K or a half marathon, that I wouldn't beat in a 800M, Jason is right. A person wins a race with the speed. The person who crosses the finish line FIRST. So here I go, ready for the track season. With goals. I am prepared to succeed. I wish for nothing else.
Also, thank you Jason for sharing me this video, it was inspiring, and it didn't hurt that it uses one of my favorite songs. :) click here!Joan Benoit winning marathon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the marathon video, Dana. Have a speedy track season! R