Sunday, July 18, 2010

Long Run

Today I ran for 1hour 36min, which added up to be 10.5 Miles. I did pretty much the same course as the week earlier where I ran 10miles. I started at the end of my friend Katelyn's road, and ran down Dow's Prairie road. It starts with one medium hill, and is twisty and turny throughout the road. I reached Crannel, a road near the beach, and went over the highway overpass and got onto a road that takes you along Clam Beach. I stopped at around mile 4 to get some water I stashed before-hand, and I also tried a GU energy pack for the first time (Chocolate Outrage). The texture was pretty gross, but after about ten more minutes of running I felt really energized. Who knows if it was mental or really an effect from the GU. I don't know if I'll ever know. Still not sure if I'll bring that for my race. I guess we will see. I continued running along the Hammond Trail (where my half will be), running up the Vista hill which will be in mile 10 of my half, and turned onto Murray Road and continued on that until I hit central turning left and went down there until I turned onto Katelyn's road. I finished with a hug from Katelyn and a toasted bagel and milk.
Add ImageAdd Image
The fog cleared as I ran making it warmer, but not too warm. Just a perfect temperature.
I saw my coach Jon drive by around mile 7!
I found myself switching off from singing "Resistance" by Muse and "This Land is Your Land" over and over in my head the whole run. Funny things pop into my head on these long runs. And I never run with headphones. I think there is one place where headphones are nice to have while running, and that would be on a treadmill, because it is so boring. I like being alone with my thoughts as I run instead of music blasting in my ear, although usually my brain picks up a song to sing.

Thought a lot about my decision between doing Volleyball and Cross Country a lot today. Still leaning towards Cross. Talked to Katie about it. I think I want to do it. But its not an easy decision.

Tomorrow I will run with the Track team.. but not sure how long. Hopefully about five, but an easy five being that I had my long run today. Looking forward to doing some ab exercises with the team tomorrow! I never seem to be able to talk myself into doing them on my own....

No comments: