Today was supposed to be a rest day, but I thought I'd go to training just to see people and go on a short run with some friends. The route we did was about 6, but instead of turning towards the ocean I continued running on Central back to the school, so I did about 5. I do not know how long it took me because OF COURSE forgot to start my watch. I NEED to get used to doing that!! But I'm guessing somewhere around 40 mins, because I started it about ten minutes into the run.
Our coach Amber wanted us to do between 4-6 strides after our run, and she watched my first one and told me I ran on my heels! I was running barefoot and I guess I do? I just have never really been "taught" how to run. She said it slows me down, so to run on the balls of my feet. The next stride I did she said I did a lot better but the first half was better. I did three more and she said I was getting better already. It will take some getting used to of course, but I hope it will help my running! Working on form is interesting to me and I'm glad Amber is willing to work with me.
I talked with Jason on the ride home about doing Cross Country. He said what everyone else says, "Do what you really feel like you want to do." He also said he doesn't want to persuade me to do the wrong thing for me, but it would be awesome if I came out. But really I feel no pressure from anyone, and I thinks its what I want to do.
We'll see I guess!
I'm off to Santa Barbara in a few days and I'll get to talk to my sister Kelsey about it, so that will be nice.
Tomorrow I'm not sure when or where I am running. I have plans in the morning(ish) and then I'm off to the Eel river with some friends for the afternoon, so I'll probably run after that... about 5 or 6 miles...
No comments:
Post a Comment