Sunday, August 14, 2011

Tim Brownlow 10K

This weekend was the weekend of the half marathon I did last year and the weekend of Outside Lands Music Festival that I wanted to attend as well. I ended up doing neither, but today I ran the Tim Brownlow memorial 10K run in Ferndale that was a lot of fun. I won my age group 15-19 and won a pair of socks :) My time was 51:04 and many people were discussing the distance, most were saying it was 6.4 or 6.5 miles. I am pretty happy with my time, and I feel ready for cross country to start TOMORROW!
Scott Pinske won the 10K by minutes.
Yesterday, along with the half marathon, there was a 3 mile race that Carmen and Alysia (both Cross teammates) ran. They both had impressive times, and this looks like a season of some good potential for our girls team! Also, Jason Lewis won the half marathon 2nd year in a row!!

No comments: