The first week of school is over and in less than 24 hours the next week will start. Another week of cross country is behind me. Boy was it hard. The workout on Monday was 4x1.1 mile repeats each ending with a brutal hill. I ran with my coach John. It was the hardest workout I remember ever doing. On Wednesday I ran 9 miles with a negative split feeling GREAT the whole time. Friday morning I woke up with a cold. :( Today I am feeling a little bit better but not much.I can't wait until I have full energy back to run! On Friday I still went to Cross Country. We ran a tempo run running 4x 1 mile repeats along hammond trail. Each mile was supposed to be 30-40 seconds slower than our 3 mile time trial race pace. So I should be running 7:47-7:57 (my race pace was 7:17). The first mile I ran 7:42 minutes. Rested for two minutes, and took off for mile two. Mile two: 7:32 minutes. I didn't feel great. I could tell I was sick, but it wasn't hard. The third mile: 7:22 minutes. One more mile left: 7:31.
It was a good day because it wasn't such a speed workout.
Born To Run:

My coach let me barrow the audio CD of Born to Run. I am currently listening toit.It is so interesting! I just don't ever want to leave my room as I listen..
1 comment:
g-pa gave me that book but I haven't read much of it
Post a Comment